About this Notice - Collection Notice
We respect your privacy
At Mwave, our mission is to be the leading and trusted destination where gaming enthusiasts and tech professionals can find and buy the products they love.
Protecting all the information we collect and using it only in ways you would expect will help us meet this mission and deliver happiness and excitement to all our customers, suppliers and employees.
Our approach to privacy is based on the following:
- • We only collect and use information that we need to process your orders and to provide exceptional products and services. Without collecting the necessary personal information, we could not do this.
- • We only share your personal information with authorised service providers and partners who help us meet our goals of providing exceptional products and services. Most of these service providers are located in Australia and we always ensure they take the same level of care with your personal information that we do.
- • We will never spam you or sell your personal data and will only send marketing messages with your consent. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing at any time.
Who we are
This policy applies to ESEL Pty Ltd trading as Mwave ABN 38 114 422 507 (Mwave).
Mwave Privacy Notice
- • How we collect your personal information.
- • What personal information we collect.
- • How we use your personal information.
- • Who we share your personal information with and why.
- • What steps we take to keep your personal information safe.
- • How you can access or correct your personal information.
- • How to contact us if you have concerns.
How we collect your personal information
Collecting information from you
We typically collect your personal information directly from you. This can happen in different ways, including when you:
- • Visit our website;
- • Place an order;
- • Create an account;
- • Engage with us by online enquiry, chatbot or via social media;
- • Contact us via phone or email to request our services;
- • Visit our showroom or warehouse.
Collecting information from other sources
We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers, and our joint marketing partners.
Examples of the information we receive from other sources include:
- • Demographic information (such as age and gender);
- • Device information (such as IP addresses);
- • Location (such as city and state);
- • Online behavioural data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links).
What personal information we collect
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us:
When you set up an Account, you provide us with:
- • Contact information including your name, email address and phone number;
- • Account accreditation information including a password;
- • Information that helps us get to know you, including gender and birthday month.
When you order products or services from Mwave, we ask for information to process your order including:
- • Contact information including your delivery address
- • Financial information relevant to payment or providing you or the business you are associated with credit.
We also assign a Customer ID to Web site visitors to verify the user's identity and for use as account numbers in our record system.
We use CCTV cameras and other security devices to protect our premises, to ensure the safety of our staff and to prevent and assist in the investigation of incidents. If you visit our premises your image may be captured by these devices.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
You can remain anonymous or use an alias when making a general enquiry about our services and products through email, online chat or the ticket system.
However, we may need you to provide personal information to facilitate enquiries about your orders, warranty claims and for other purposes as part of us providing service to our customers and website visitors.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information is mainly used to ensure efficient processing of orders and delivery of exceptional services. This includes:
- • To process your orders including resolving problems with credit card verification, product availability, warranties, returns and product recalls;
- • For support and troubleshooting including helping our staff identify and contact you, respond to your queries, and otherwise meet your needs;
- • To provide tailored features that optimize and personalize your experience, including identifying products and services that may be of interest to you;
- • To improve our services and the customer experience;
- • To provide you with credit, to verify identities, carry out fraud checks and to ensure the security and safety of our staff, inventory and premises;
- • To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms;
- • To provide information to representatives and advisors, including lawyers and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements;
- • To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding;
- • To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Mwave will not use personal information for any purpose not covered in this policy, without your consent.
We send marketing emails, pop-ups, SMS and other communications, with your consent.
Mwave does not send unsolicited "spam" mail.
Unsubscribe / Opt-out
Our site gives users the opportunity to opt-in to marketing communications from us. We only send marketing communications to users who exercise that option.
All our marketing communications also contain an opt-out function that can be used at any time.
Users can also ask us directly to remove their information from our database, to opt-out of future communications or to no longer receive any communications about our products and services.
To do this, send an email to: [email protected]
Advertising, cookies and on-line tracking
We use a range of different products and services to help us present you with products and services you may like.
Who we share your information with and why
We may share your data with others but only to help us in our business. This includes:
- • Providing your contact details and delivery information to our shipping partners to facilitate the delivery of your order;
- • Providing information directly to our suppliers to assist in fulfilling your orders and providing you with warranty and other services, including product recalls;
- • Using authorised technology partners and application providers to process your data to help us in our business, including carrying out data analytics to improve the customer experience and product offering;
- • Sharing your personal information for our professional or legitimate business needs, for example for fraud or credit checking or with our accountants and lawyers, or as required or permitted by law.
We will not disclose or share your personal information, including information about your orders or contact information, other than as described in this policy or with your consent.
Third-parties and third party sites
Links to third party sites
The Mwave website contains links to other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personal information. Mwave is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other sites.
Third party suppliers etc
Where you provide information directly to those third parties, Mwave is not responsible for the privacy practices of those companies.
What steps we take to keep your information safe
Mwave takes all reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe. This includes the following:
- • We use the industry standard security protocol Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to protect sensitive information like your credit card number online. We employ encryption technology in all areas of the site which require you to provide your personal or account information. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. So, when using an SSL capable browser, shopping on the Mwave web site is perfectly safe.
- • We also take reasonable steps to protect your personal information in our office environment. Access to personal information is restricted. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to your personal information. The systems that store personal information are kept in a secure environment. All employees are trained and kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Management of your account
You are solely responsible for keeping your passwords including the password to your Mwave account confidential and secure. You should use passwords that are strong and are not used elsewhere to maintain the highest level of security for your account.
If you believe that the security of your account may be compromised please contact us immediately as [email protected].
How can you access or correct your information
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected or updated.
To do this, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details included below.
Correct/Update Account Information
If you would like to correct or update Account information you can do this by going to your "Account Information" functionality and amending any information you have previously provided. Alternatively, you may contact us by emailing the address provided below:
web site: Update/Modify Account Information
email: [email protected]
Deletion of information
If you would like to request that other personal information we hold about you be deleted, you can contact us at [email protected] with your request.
Opt-out of marketing
You may opt-out of receiving marketing information from us at any time by:
- • Clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link included in any general newsletter you receive from us;
- • Contacting us at [email protected] and requesting that you no longer receive sales/ marketing materials.
How to contact us if you have any concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about the way that we collect or use your personal information, you can contact the Mwave Privacy Officer at any time by using the following contact details:
Email: [email protected]
Mark 'ATT: Privacy Officer' in the subject line.
Telephone: 1300 727 446
Unit B1, 3-29 Birnie Avenue
Lidcombe, NSW 2141, Australia
Attention: Privacy Officer
Changes to this policy
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, pleasecontact our Privacy Officer using the contact details above.