We do this as part of ensuring that mwave remains a leading and trusted destination for gaming enthusiasts and tech professionals.
Who we are
This policy applies to ESEL Pty Ltd trading as mwave ABN 38 114 422 507 (mwave).
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website - when visited by a user - asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first-party cookies.
We also use third-party cookies, which are cookies from other websites or servers. We use these cookies to support our advertising and marketing efforts, for functions such as enabling pop-ups or banners on a webpage.
Other types of cookies
Session cookies allow websites to track your movements from page to page and are used for several reasons, such as remembering login credentials during a browsing session. These cookies are usually erased when you close your web browser.
Persistent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device between browser sessions for a pre-defined amount of time. These allow websites to remember user information or settings across the site, or in some cases across different websites.
Necessary cookies are either session or persistent cookies and can be delivered by a first or third party. These cookies perform functions such as keeping your site visit secure and remembering you between pages, for example when you navigate from page to page on our website. Access to certain areas of our website depends on these types of cookies.
Functional cookies can be either session or persistent cookies and can be delivered by a first or third party. They remember information such as usernames or language settings and may allow the site to display important alerts. These cookies are not considered necessary, and can be blocked, although this may impact some functions of the website.
Tracking and social media cookies
These cookies can be either session or persistent cookies and are delivered by a first or third party. They’re not essential for the function of the website but may improve experience by providing content relevant to you and your interests.
- • To make sure that our website works properly (these include necessary and functional cookies);
- • To analyse how people use our site;
- • To personalise content and advertising and provide social media features (tracking and social media cookies are used for this purpose);
- • To load product content for the website landing page so that products are more catered to your interests to create a more streamlined user experience;
- • To retain information about a user interacting with the chat bot allowing for the conversation to resume at a later date or across windows.
What information we collect
The only personal information a cookie can obtain is information supplied by you (by your device and by your online behaviour). The information collected by cookies we use includes:
- • Details about your device's operating system;
- • Your browser type and capabilities;
- • Your device's Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
- • Page usage statistics, including the time spent on each page;
- • Your browsing behaviour on our platforms including but not limited to;
- • Products you have viewed, added to cart and/or purchased;
- • Your searches and search history;
- • Pages you have visited, including how you were referred to each page;
- • Metrics such as how many times an affiliate link for promotions are used will be recorded.
How can I delete cookies?
Adjust your browser settings
Cookies are supported by most web browsers, and most browsers are defaulted to accept and maintain cookies.
The following are instructions for how to delete cookies from some common web browsers:
Open your Chrome browser > go to Customise and Control Google Chrome > Settings > Main Menu > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Content Settings > Cookies. Then you can choose your settings. For more information about managing cookies in Chrome, see here.
Go to Settings > Safari > Preferences > Privacy. Then you can choose your settings. For more information, on how to adjust cookie settings on Apple devices , see here.
Internet Explorer and Edge
Open the browser > select Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced. Then you can choose your settings.
For more information visit Microsoft Support.
Open Firefox > select Tools > Options > Privacy >Cookies. You can then choose your settings.
For more information visit Mozilla Support.
Opting out of other cookies
There are several online resources available to help you opt out of online behavioural advertising from third party advertising agencies. A good example is http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
How to contact us if you have any concerns
Email: [email protected]
Mark 'ATT: Privacy Officer' in the subject line.
Telephone: 1300 727 446
Unit B1, 3-29 Birnie Avenue
Lidcombe, NSW 2141, Australia
Attention: Privacy Officer
Changes to this policy
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details above.