D-Link DGS-1016D 16 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch - With D-Link Green Technology
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 Years Limited Warranty
- Manufacturer Contact Info: http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/, 1300 766 868
Rating: 4.4 stars - 30 reviews
|· Fanless Desgin |
|· 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) |
|· 24-port Gigabit |
This 16-Port Unmanaged Gigabit switch features D-Link Green™ eco-friendly technology, which reduces power consumption and operating costs.
• D-Link Green Technology
• 32Gbps Switching Capacity
• Desktop or Rack Mountable Design
• Non-blocking Architecture
• Limited Lifetime Warranty
• Advance Warranty Replacement (24 Hour Cross-shipment)
The DGS-1016D provides three key benefits through its cutting edge, innovative D-Link Green eco-friendly technology:
• Reduces power consumption & creates less heat
• Extended product life
• Reduces operating costs
• Power Savings by Number of Connected Ports and Link Status
• Computers do not require Internet access all the time; neither do switches utilize all ports at all times. When a computer or network equipment is shut down, switches often remain on and continue to consume considerable amounts of power. With D-Link Green Technology, D-Link switches can automatically detect link status and reduce power usage of ports that are idle. Computers or any connecting parties set to standby mode (not power off), however, will not provide significant power savings.
Power Savings by Cable Length
D-Link Green verified switches have the ability to analyze the length of any Ethernet cable connected to them for adjustment of power usage accordingly. Shorter lengths require less power.
Overall Power Savings Per Day
For a traditional switch, power consumption remains constant even when the ports are not in use. In a standard workday scenario where PCs are used for 10 hours a day and powered off 14 hours a day, and connected to the switch using 20 meter cables, D-Link Green Technology can save up to 20%* power used for each system.
Note: Switch uses switching power adapter. The cable length which PCs are connected to switch is 20m cables.
Get the blazing speed of Gigabit Ethernet with the D-Link GigaExpress DGS-1016D, an 16-port 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Switch that delivers power, performance, and reliability in one cost-effective, space-saving design. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections, or make Gigabit to the desktop a reality.
Power users in the office, workgroup, or creative production environment can now move large, bandwidth-intensive files faster. Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files across the network instantly. The versatile and compact 1RU height design of the DGS-1016D enables the device to be rackmounted in a standard 19 inch rack, while conserving valuable rack space.
It features a non-blocking switching architecture that filters and forwards packets at full wire-speed for maximum throughput. An 8K MAC address table provides scalability for even the largest networks. Address learning and aging, 802.3x Flow Control for full-duplex mode, and back pressure flow control for half-duplex mode alleviates traffic congestion and ensures reliable data transmission.
Designed using industry standards, it is compatible with virtually all 10, 100, and 1000Mbps Ethernet devices and other vendor equipment. The D-Link DGS-1016D 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Switch protects your existing network investments while providing you with a straightforward migration path to faster Gigabit speeds.
Easy to use
The auto features of this gigabit switch make installation plug and play and hassle-free. No configuring is required. Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover on all ports eliminate the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (either 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance.
The switch also features diagnostic LEDs which display status and activity, allowing you to quickly detect and correct problems on the network. Every port also supports a cable diagnostic feature that helps to detect cable related problems.