TP-LINK TL-SG5428 JetStream 24-Port Gigabit L2 Managed Switch with 4x SFP Slots
- Manufacturer Warranty: 5 Years Limited Warranty
- Manufacturer Contact Info: http://www.tp-link.com.au, 1300 875 465
Rating: 3.4 stars - 1 reviews
What This Product Does
Designed for workgroups and departments, TL-SG5428 from TP-LINK provides full set of layer 2 management features. It delivers maximum throughput where you need it — to high-performance workgroups at the edge of the network, or as a backbone for Gigabit Ethernet switches and high-speed servers in small networks. Moreover, TL-SG5428 switch also comes equipped with 4 SFP slots, giving you greater network flexibility.
This TP-LINK L2 managed switch has robust security and management features. An advanced Access Control List (ACL, L2 to L4) and the TP-LINK strong safeguard provide security coverage from core to edge and protect against broadcast storm, ARP and Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks, etc. Quality of Service (QoS, L2 to L4) provides enhanced traffic management capabilities to move your data smoother and faster. Anymore, the easy-to-use web management interfaces, along with CLI, SNMP and RMON, mean faster setup and configuration with less downtime. For workgroup and departments requiring cost-sensitive Layer 2 Switch, and additional Gigabit capability, TP-LINK L2 managed Switch TL-SG5428 can provide you the ideal access-edge solution.
High Switching Capacity
TP-LINK’s L2 managed switch TL-SG5428 provides non-blocking switching solutions for gigabit connections and switching capacity with a non-blocking aggregated bandwidth of 56Gbps. It provides 24 gigabit ports and 4 SFP slots. With this high switching capacity, TL-SG5428 can markedly enhance your network throughput.
IP Clustering allows up to 32 TL-SG5428 switches to be managed by a single IP, regardless of geographical locations. With all units identified by a single IP address, the stack could be configured, monitored, maintained as a single object.
Comprehensive Security Strategy
Access Control Lists (ACL, L2 to L4) restrict access to sensitive network resources by denying packets based on source and destination MAC address, IP address, TCP/UDP ports and even VLAN ID. This is done by hardware, so switching performance would not be compromised.
Moreover, the TL-SG5428 switch supports 802.1X authentication, which is used in conjunction with a RADIUS server to require some authentication information before access to the network is allowed. And more, it supports Guest VLAN to enable the non-802.1X clients to access the specific network resource. In addition,IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding, Port Security, Storm control, DHCP Snooping and IP Source Guard support can protect against broadcast storms, ARP and Denial-of-Service(DoS) attacks, etc. Regarding to the DoS defending, TL-SG5428 provides you some typical DoS attacks to select. You can protect these attacks more easily ever than before. TL-SG5428 will provide you robust security to the network.
Enterprise Level Manageability and Resiliency
TL-SG5428 supports various user-friendly standard management features, such as intuitive web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI) or industry-standard Command Line Interface(CLI), either administration traffic can be protected through SSL or SSH encryptions. SNMP (v1/2/3) and RMON support enables the switch to be polled for valuable status information and send traps on abnormal events. This sharing of vital management information saves time and money. With link aggregation, spanning tree protocol (STP/RSTP/MSTP) and virtual stack, a highly intelligent and scalable topology could be established, fulfilling the enterprise customers′ requirement of building a unified, resilient network.
Optimized Voice and Video Applications
To integrate voice, data and video service on one network, TL-SG5428 applies rich QoS policies. Administrator can designate the priority of the traffic based on a variety of means including IP or MAC address, TCP or UDP port number, etc, so voice and video are always clear, smooth and jitter free. In conjunction with the Voice VLAN the switch supporting, the voice applications will operate with much smoother performance.
For other multimedia-on-demand application such as IPTV, TL-SG5428 provides advanced features for easy stream management. For example, IGMP snooping ensures the switch intelligently forward the multicast stream only to the appropriate subscribers while IGMP throttling & filtering restrict each subscriber on a port level to prevent unauthorized multicast access.
- LLDP serves to reduce the complexities of the network
- Link aggregation (LACP) increases aggregated bandwidth, optimizing the transport of business critical data
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree, provides high link availability in multiple VLAN environments.
- Support IEEE 802.1d/w/s Spanning Tree (STP/RSTP/MSTP)
- IGMP snooping allows the forwarding of multicast packets such as streaming audio and video, without increasing network broadcast congestion.
- Non-blocking Layer 2 Switching Capacity
- GVRP (GARP VLAN Registration Protocol) allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs
- Supports up to 4K VLANs simultaneously (out of 4K VLAN IDs)
- Q-in-Q increases the network scalability by providing a hierarchical structure
- Supports 802.1P, Class of Service (CoS) with 4 priority queues per port
- Rate limiting confines the traffic flow accurately according to the preset value
- Supports multiple industry standard user authentication methods such as 802.1x, RADIUS Authentication, Supports 400 IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding entries
- IP Source Guard prevents IP spoofing attacks such as DoS
- Port Security enhances the security of all ports
- L2/L3/L4 Access Control Lists restrict untrusted access to the protected resource
- Virtual stackable provides high scalability and easy Single-IP-Management
- Supports Telnet, Cisco like CLI, SNMP v1/v2/v3, RMON and web access
- Supports SSL and SSH encryptions
- Port Mirroring enables monitoring selected ingress/egress traffic