||7X09 - 1 year warranty
7X10 - 3 year warranty
||Tower or 4U Rack.
||One or two second-gen Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family of processors, either Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum-level processors (formerly codename "Cascade Lake"). 1st Gen Intel Xeon processors are also supported. Supports processors up to 22 cores, core speeds up to 3.8 GHz, and TDP ratings up to 125W. Two Intel Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) links at 10.4 GT/s each.
||Intel C624 "Lewisburg" chipset
||Up to 12 DIMM sockets (6 DIMMs per processor) supporting Lenovo TruDDR4 DIMMs at up to 2933 MHz. RDIMMs and LRDIMMs (Load Reduced DIMMs) are supported, but memory types cannot be intermixed.
||Up to 768 GB with 12x 64 GB RDIMMs and two processors
||ECC, SDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs), ADDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs, requires Intel Xeon Gold or Platinum processors), memory mirroring, and memory sparing.
|Disk drive bays
Additional drive bays (except for 20-bay and hybrid configurations):
- 8, 16, or 20x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA hot-swap (optional support for NVMe drives)
- 4 or 8x 3.5-inch SAS/SATA hot-swap
- Both 8x 3.5-inch + 4x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA hot-swap
- 4 or 8x 3.5-inch SATA simple-swap
- Two 5.25-inch drive bays for optical drives
|Maximum internal storage
- 2.5-inch drives:
- 153.6TB using 20x 7.68TB 2.5-inch SAS/SATA SSDs
- 30.72TB using 4x 7.68TB 2.5-inch NVMe SSDs
- 48TB using 20x 2.4TB 2.5-inch HDDs
- 3.5-inch drives:
- 144TB using 8x 18TB 3.5-inch HDDs
- 61.44TB using 8x 7.68TB 3.5-inch SAS/SATA SSDs
- 6 Gb Onboard SATA AHCI
- 6 Gb Onboard SATA RAID (Intel RSTe)
- 12 Gb SAS/SATA RAID adapters with up to 8GB flash-backed cache
- 12 Gb SAS/SATA HBA (non-RAID)
|Optical drive bays
||Two half-height 5.25-inch bays for optical or tape drives. Supports DVD-ROM or Multiburner. Hot-swap bays can be converted to 4x 2.5-inch hot-swap drive bays. (Not available with simple-swap drive configurations.)
|Tape drive bays
||Two half-height 5.25-inch bays for optical or tape drives. Support for one RDX drive or LTO tape drive.
||Two integrated Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T ports (RJ-45) based on Intel X722 embedded controller (No 10/100 Mbps support)
|PCI Expansion slots
||Up to 7 PCIe slots: 6 general purpose PCIe 3.0 slots plus one slot reserved for the M.2 adapter. General purpose slots are as follows:
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x8 (25W) FHHL
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x16 (75W); FHHL
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x16 (75W); FHFL
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x16 (x8 wired) (25W); FHFL (requires second processor)
- Slot 5: PCIe 3.0 x16 (75W); FHFL (requires second processor)
- Slot 6: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x4 wired) (25W); FHFL
Slots 3 and 5 support double-wide GPUs
- Front: Two USB ports (one USB 3.0, one USB 2.0 port
- Rear: Six USB ports (four USB 2.0, two USB 3.0), one VGA video, one RJ-45 systems management, two RJ-45 GbE network ports, optional serial port.
- Internal: One internal USB 3.0 port for RDX drive
||Supports ASHRAE A2 environments as well as A3/A4 with some limitations. Up to four simple-swap fans: two fans shipped standard on single processor models and three fans shipped on dual processor models or models where there are drive bays in lieu of the optical drive bays. The fourth rear-mounted fan is N+1 redundant, except for certain configurations.
||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W, 750 W or 1100 W High Efficiency Platinum AC power supplies, or 750 W High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies. Also available is a 450 W fixed (non-hot-swap) power supply. In China only, all hot-swap power supplies also support 240V DC.
||Hard drives, power supplies, and fans
||Operator panel with status LEDs. XClarity Controller embedded management, XClarity Administrator centralized infrastructure delivery, XClarity Integrator plugins, and XClarity Energy Manager centralized server power management. Optional XClarity Controller Advanced to enable remote control functions.
||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM), supporting TPM 1.2 or TPM 2.0. In China only, optional Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM). Kensington cable slot. Lockable side cover. Optional lockable front security door and chassis intrusion switch (included with some models).
||G200 graphics with 16 MB memory with 2D hardware accelerator, integrated into the XClarity Controller. Maximum resolution is 1920x1200 32bpp at 60Hz.
|Operating systems supported
||Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware ESXi. See the Operating system support section for specifics.
||Three-year or one-year (model dependent) customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with 9x5 next business day (NBD).
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 4-hour or 2-hour response time, 6-hour fix time, 1-year or 2-year warranty extension, software support for Lenovo hardware and some third-party applications.
||Width: 176 mm (6.9 in.), height: 438 mm (17.2 in.), depth: 660 mm (26 in.). See Physical and electrical specifications for details.
||Fully configured: 36 kg (79.36 lb)