||7Y46 - 1 year warranty
7Y45 - 3 year warranty
||Tower (can be installed in a rack with the available Rack Mount Kit)
One Intel processor (formerly codenamed "Coffee Lake-S Refresh"). Choose from:
- Intel Xeon E-2200 Series processor up to 6 cores/4.0 GHz
- Intel Core i3-9100/9300 Series processor up to 4 cores and 4 GHz
- Intel Pentium G5400/G5600 Series processor up to 4.0 GHz
||Intel C246 chipset
||Four DIMM sockets supporting Lenovo TruDDR4 DIMMs at 2666 MHz. Support ECC UDIMMs.
- Intel Xeon E processors: Up to 128 GB with 4x 32 GB UDIMMs
- Other processors: Up to 64 GB with 4x 16 GB UDIMMs
||Error-correcting code (ECC)
|Disk drive bays
In addition, the ST250 supports one M.2 Drive via an onboard connector. Note: If the onboard SATA controller is used to connect the drive bays, then only 6 drives can be installed if an M.2 drive is installed.
- 8x or 16x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays
- 4x or 8x 3.5-inch SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays
- Both 4x 3.5-inch + 8x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays
- 8x 3.5-inch simple-swap drive bays
|Maximum internal storage
- 61.44TB using 16x 3.84TB SAS/SATA SSDs
- 38.4TB using 16x 2.4TB 2.5-inch HDDs
- 144TB using 8x 18TB 3.5-inch HDDs
- 30.72TB using 8x 3.84TB 3.5-inch SAS/SATA SSDs
- Intermix of SAS and SATA is supported.
- Onboard 6 Gb SATA for simple-swap drive configurations, using embedded Intel RSTe software RAID, supporting RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50
- 12 Gb SAS/SATA RAID for hot-swap drive configurations:
- RAID 530i (cacheless) supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50
- RAID 730-8i with 1GB cache supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50
- RAID 930-8i with 2GB flash-backed cache supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, 60
- RAID 930-16i and 24i with 4GB flash-backed cache supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, 60
- RAID 940-8i with 4GB flash-backed cache supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, 60
- RAID 940-16i with 4GB flash-backed cache supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, 60
- 12 Gb SAS/SATA non-RAID:
- 430-8i or 440-8i HBAs
- 430-16i or 440-16i HBAs
|Optical drive bays
||Two half-height 5.25-inch bays for optical or tape drives. Supports SATA DVD-ROM or DVD-RW (multiburner). Note: If the onboard SATA controller is used to connect the drive bays, then only 6 drives can be installed if an optical drive is installed.
|Tape drive bays
||Two half-height 5.25-inch bays for optical or tape drives. Support for one RDX drive or one LTO tape drive.
||Two integrated Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T ports (RJ-45) based on Broadcom BCM5720 embedded controller, one can be shared with XCC for systems management. Third dedicated Gigabit Ethernet port for XCC systems management.
|PCI Expansion slots
||Four PCIe slots as follows:
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x1 full-height, half-length
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x16 full-height, half-length
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x4 full-height, half-length
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x4 full-height, half-length (x8 physical slot)
- One USB 3.1 G1 (5 Gb/s) port
- One USB 2.0 port (supports XClarity Mobile connectivity for local systems management)
- Two USB 3.1 G1 (5Gb/s) ports
- Two USB 3.1 G2 (10Gb/s) ports
- One VGA video
- One RJ-45 systems management
- Two RJ-45 GbE network ports
- One serial port
- One internal USB 3.0 port for RDX drive
||Supports ASHRAE A2 environments. Certain configurations support ASHRAE A3. Two or three fixed system fans depending on the drive bay configuration. Additional fans attached to the processor heat sink and in the power supplies.
Two choices, model dependent:
- One fixed power supply, 250W. 80 PLUS Platinum certified.
- Two redundant hot-swap power supplies, each 550W. For China customers, the 550W power supplies support 240V DC input. 80 PLUS Platinum certified. Energy Star 2.1 compliant.
||Hard drives and 550W power supplies
||Operator panel with status LEDs. XClarity Controller embedded management, XClarity Administrator centralized infrastructure delivery, XClarity Integrator plugins, and XClarity Energy Manager centralized server power management. Optional XClarity Controller Advanced to enable remote control functions.
||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module, supporting TPM 1.2 or TPM 2.0. In China only, optional Nationz TPM 2.0 module. Optional chassis intrusion switch. Padlock loop and Kensington cable slot and optional lockable front door for physical security.
||G200 graphics with 16 MB memory, integrated into the XClarity Controller. For use with local Administrator functions (not designed for workstation use). Maximum resolution is 1920x1200 32bpp at 60Hz.
|Operating systems supported
||Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware ESXi. See the Operating system support section for specifics.
||Three-year or one-year (model dependent) customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with 9x5 next business day (NBD).
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 4-hour or 2-hour response time, 6-hour fix time, 1-year or 2-year warranty extension, software support for Lenovo hardware and some third-party applications.
||Width: 176 mm (6.9 in.), height: 444 mm (17.5 in.), depth: 578 mm (22.8 in.). See Physical and electrical specifications for details.
||Fully configured: 23.56 kg (51.94 lb)