||Up to two Intel Xeon Gen 2 Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum processors:
- Up to 28 cores (2.7 GHz core speeds).
- Up to 3.8 GHz core speeds (4 cores).
- UPI links up to 10.4 GT/s (2 UPI links used).
- Up to 38.5 MB cache.
- Up to 2933 MHz memory speed.
||24 DIMM slots (12 DIMMs per processor; six memory channels per processor with two DIMMs per channel) with support for the following DIMM types and capacities:
Note: DIMM types (RDIMMs and 3DS RDIMMs) cannot be intermixed.
- TruDDR4 RDIMMs:
- 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB Performance+ 2933 MHz.
- 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB 2933 MHz.
- 16 GB and 32 GB 2666 MHz.
- TruDDR4 3DS RDIMMs:
- 128 GB Performance+ 2933 MHz.
- 128 GB 2933 MHz.
- 64 GB 2666 MHz.
||Up to 12x 128 GB, 256 GB, or 512 GB TruDDR4 2666 MHz DCPMMs in the DIMM slots.
Note: Server configurations with more than 1 TB of memory capacity per socket (including DCPMMs and RDIMMs or 3DS RDIMMs) require processors that support up to 2 TB (M-suffix) or 4.5 TB (L-suffix) per socket. Server configurations with more than 2 TB of memory capacity per socket (including DCPMMs and RDIMMs or 3DS RDIMMs) require processors that support up to 4.5 TB per socket (L-suffix).
- Memory DIMMs only: Up to 3 TB with up to 24x 128 GB 3DS RDIMMs (Up to 1.5 TB per processor).
- Memory DIMMs and persistent memory modules:
- App Direct Mode: Up to 7.5 TB with up to 12x 128 GB 3DS RDIMMs and up to 12x 512 GB DCPMMs (Up to 3.75 TB per processor).
- Memory Mode: Up to 6 TB with up to 12x 512 GB DCPMMs (Up to 3 TB per processor).
Note: In the configurations with DCPMMs, memory mirroring is supported only in the App Direct mode (other DCPMM modes do not support memory mirroring) and applies only to the RDIMMs or 3DS RDIMMs (DCPMMs are not mirrored). Memory sparing is not supported in the configurations with DCPMMs.
- Processor's integrated memory controllers: Error correction code (ECC), SDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs), ADDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs, requires Intel Xeon Gold or Platinum processors), memory mirroring, memory rank sparing, patrol scrubbing, and demand scrubbing.
- DCPMM's onboard memory controllers: ECC, SDDC, DDDC, patrol scrubbing, and demand scrubbing.
- Up to 6 SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays: 4x 3.5" (front) + 2x 2.5" (rear)
- 4 LFF AnyBay hot-swap drive bays: 4x 3.5" (front)
- Up to 10 SFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays: 8x 2.5" (front) + 2x 2.5" (rear)
- Up to 12 SFF hot-swap drive bays:
6x 2.5" SAS/SATA & 4x 2.5" AnyBay (front) + 2x 2.5" SAS/SATA (rear)
- 10 SFF U.2 NVMe PCIe SSD hot-swap drive bays
||2.5-inch hot-swap drives:
3.5-inch hot-swap drives:
- 12 Gbps SAS HDDs up to 2.4 TB
- 12 Gbps Nearline (NL) SAS HDDs up to 2 TB
- 12 Gbps SAS HDD SEDs up to 2.4 TB
- 12 Gbps NL SAS HDD SEDs up to 2 TB
- 12 Gbps SAS SSDs up to 15.36 TB
- 12 Gbps SAS SSD SEDs up to 1.6 TB
- 6 Gbps NL SATA HDDs up to 2 TB
- 6 Gbps SATA SSDs up to 7.68 TB
- 6 Gbps SATA SSD SEDs up to 7.68 TB
- U.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs up to 8 TB
Internal M.2 SSDs:
- 12 Gbps SAS HDDs up to 900 GB (2.5" HDD in a 3.5" tray)
- 12 Gbps NL SAS HDDs up to 16 TB
- 12 Gbps NL SAS HDD SEDs up to 8 TB
- 12 Gbps SAS SSDs up to 7.68 TB (2.5" SSD in a 3.5" tray)
- 12 Gbps SAS SSD SEDs up to 1.6 TB (2.5" SSD in a 3.5" tray)
- 6 Gbps NL SATA HDDs up to 16 TB
- 6 Gbps SATA SSDs up to 7.68 TB (2.5" SSD in a 3.5" tray)
- NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs up to 7.68 TB
- Intermix of SAS, SATA, and NVMe PCIe drives is supported within a system, but not within a RAID array.
- NVMe PCIe SSDs do not support hardware RAID controllers.
- NVMe PCIe SSDs are supported in the AnyBay or U.2 NVMe drive bays.
|Internal storage capacity
- 2.5-inch models: Up to 184 TB with 12x 15.36 TB 2.5" SSDs.
- 3.5-inch models: Up to 94.7 TB with 4x 16 TB 3.5" HDDs and 2x 15.36 TB 2.5" SSDs.
||12 Gbps SAS/6 Gbps SATA RAID
- RAID 0/1/10: RAID 530-16i
- RAID 0/1/10/5/50:
- RAID 530-8i
- RAID 730-8i 1GB Cache
- RAID 0/1/10/5/50/6/60:
- RAID 730-8i 2GB Flash
- RAID 930-8i 2GB Flash
- RAID 930-16i 4GB or 8GB Flash
12 Gbps SAS/6 Gbps SATA non-RAID: 430-8i or 16i HBA
NVMe PCIe non-RAID
- Onboard NVMe
- 1610-4P NVMe Switch Adapter
- 810-4P NVMe Switch Adapter
|Optical drive bays
||None. Support for an external USB DVD RW Optical Disk Drive (See Optical drives).
- Onboard LOM slot for up to 4x 1/10 Gb Ethernet ports:
- 2x or 4x 1 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)
- 2x or 4x 10 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)
- 2x or 4x 10 GbE SFP+ ports (no 10/100 Mb support)
- Optional Mezzanine LOM (ML2) slot for dual-port 10 GbE cards with SFP+ or RJ-45 connectors or single- or dual-port 25 GbE cards with SFP28 connectors.
- 1x RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet systems management port.
|I/O expansion slots
||Up to four slots. Slot 4 is the fixed slot on the system planar, and the remaining slots depend on the riser cards installed. The slots are as follows:
Slot 3 requires the second processor to be installed.
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x8, ML2 x8, or ML2 x16; low profile
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x16 or x8; low profile or full-height, half-length
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x16; low profile
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8 (dedicated to an internal storage controller)
- Front: 1x USB 2.0 port with XClarity Controller access and 1x USB 3.0 port; optional 1x VGA port.
- Rear: 2x USB 3.0 ports and 1x VGA port. Optional 1x DB-9 serial port.
||Five (one processor) or seven (two processors) hot-swap system fans with N+1 redundancy.
||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W, 750 W, or 1100 W (100 - 240 V) High Efficiency Platinum, or 750 W (200 - 240 V) High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies. HVDC support (PRC only).
||Matrox G200e with 16 MB memory integrated into the XClarity Controller. Maximum resolution is 1920x1200 at 60 Hz with 32 bits per pixel.
||Drives, power supplies, and fans.
||XClarity Controller (XCC) Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise (Pilot 4 chip), proactive platform alerts, light path diagnostics, XClarity Provisioning Manager, XClarity Essentials, XClarity Administrator, XClarity Integrators for VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center, XClarity Energy Manager, Capacity Planner.
||Power-on password, administrator's password, secure firmware updates, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or 2.0 (configurable UEFI setting). Optional lockable front bezel. Optional Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM) or Nationz TPM (available only in PRC). Optional Lenovo Business Vantage security software (available only in PRC).
||Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 and 8; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 12 and 15; VMware vSphere (ESXi) 6.5 and 6.7.
||One-year (Machine Type 7X01) or three-year (Machine Type 7X02) customer-replaceable unit (CRU) and onsite limited warranty with 9x5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered.
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 2-hour or 4-hour response time, 6-hour or 24-hour committed service repair (select areas), warranty extension up to 5 years, 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions, YourDrive Your Data, Enterprise Software Support, and Basic Hardware Installation Services.
||Height: 43 mm (1.7 in), width: 434 mm (17.1 in), depth: 715 mm (28.1 in)
||Minimum configuration: 11.9 kg (26.2 lb), maximum: 18.8 kg (41.4 lb)