Intel RAID Controller - LSI2108 I/O Processor - 512MB Embedded RAM - PCIe 2.0 x8 - Low-Profile MD2 - RAID 0,1,5,6,10,50,60 - 6Gb/s Data Transfer Rate - Support SAS/SATA Devices (RS2MB044)
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 Years Limited Warranty
- Manufacturer Contact Info: http://www.intel.com/, 1800 649 931
- Embedded 512MB 800MHz (ECC DDR2 memory) to efficiently store data in transition
- Speaker to deliver audible alerts
- One SFF8087 SAS/SATA connector for up to four internal ports
- One SFF8088 SAS/SATA connector for up to four external ports
- x8 PCI Express* Generation 2 interface for fast communication with the server board
- LSI* SAS2108 ROC controller providing SAS 2.0 compliance including 6Gb/s data transfer
- One internal cable with an SFF8087 connector that expands to four individual connectors
- Optional: Intel® Smart Battery AXXRSBBU7 for up to 72 hours of cache data retention
Target applications: Mainstream
Feature-rich RAID with room to grow
The Intel® RAID Controller RS2MB044, part of Intel''s portfolio of 6Gb/s SAS adapters offers unprecedented performance with exceptional data protection and design flexibility. With four internal and four external ports, the Intel RAID Controller RS2MB044 supports both internal drive storage and external JBOD expansion. Using the external SAS ports, multiple JBODs can be connected to a server, providing a scalable and affordable solution for growing storage requirements.
- Exceptional data protection
Supports data redundancy using SAS or SATA hard disk drives through mirroring, parity, and double parity (RAID levels 1, 5, and 6) plus striping capability for spans (RAID levels 10, 50, and 60).
- Inside-the-box design flexibility
Four internal and four external 6Gb/s SAS ports allow connection to 6Gb/s or 3Gb/s drives both inside and outside a system. With a true MD2 form factor, this adapter is ideal for low-profile height and half-length adapter slots.
- Excellent performance
LSI* SAS2108 ROC technology, x8 PCI Express* Generation 2 host interface, and 800 MHz cache enhance the performance of mainstream applications.
- Outstanding availability
Delivers proactive drive monitoring and automatic error correction.
An optional battery backup maintains data without the need for an uninterruptible power supply.
- Intuitive, feature-rich management utility
Designed to work with Intel® RAID Web Console 2 and a suite of management utilities. Administrators are afforded the ability to adjust SAS topology views from the system host, controller, and disk enclosure down to the logical and physical drive level. Extending to enterprise deployments, these tools scale to easily configure, monitor, and manage RAID volumes locally or over the LAN network.