Fractal Design Define R5 Mid Tower Case - Black - 2x 5.25", 8x - 3.5"(can accommodate 2.5"), 2x 2.5" Drive Bays - 7x Expansion Slots - x2 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 Fan - 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, Audio in/out, Power Button with LED(Blue), HDD Activity LED(Blue), Reset Button - ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX - Black - FRCT-R5-BLACK
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 Years Limited Warranty
Rating: 4.8 stars - Model.ItemDetail.TFNumberOfUserReviews reviews
|· Optimally designed for silent computing with high density noise-reducing material throughout |
|· Patent pending ModuVent design, allowing the user to either have optimal silence or optimal airflow |
|· Extensive water cooling support for a case of this size; housing radiators up to 420mm in the top and 360mm in the front. |
|· Newly configured front door with dual side mounting to better fit your work space |
|· Fully removable 5.25" drive cage |
The Fractal Design
Is the next evolution in the widely popular Define Series. Packed with intelligently designed enthusiast-oriented features delivering a silent case with powerful and expansive air and liquid cooling support, presented in a stunning Scandinavian inspired construction.
The Define R5 case reaches the highest level of silent computing through strategically placed dense sound-absorbing material, ModuVent™ fan vent covers and finely tuned Dynamic Series fans.
The Define R5 was designed with configurability in mind, accommodating up to 8 hard drives and all modern graphics card. Should you wish to expand your system with water cooling components or more fans the layout can easily be configured to meet your demand.
- Optimally designed for silent computing with high density noise-reducing material throughout the case for maximum sound absorption, while not compromising on airflow and cooling capabilities.
- Extensive water cooling support for a case of this size; housing radiators up to 420mm in the top and 360mm in the front.
- Equipped with new tool-less ModuVent™ fan slot covers allowing the user to install more fans if desired or keep fan slots covered to maximize sound absorption.
- Including two Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fans developed for superlative airflow while still maintaining low noise levels.
- Maintaining a dust-free interior with the help of dust filters that cover front and bottom air intakes that are easy to access from the front on the case.
- Newly configured front door with dual side mounting to better fit your work space
- Highlighting 2 dedicated SSD mounts cleanly placed behind the motherboard tray that feature innovative new brackets delivering a tool-free installation and removal
- The HDD cage system holds up to eight 3.5” or 2.5” drives and is more adaptable than ever, allowing the user to modify the case layout according to personal preference with more places to relocate the cages
- The ODD cage can easily be removed to gain additional interior space; the area can be freed up to allow for increased airflow, to provide a new place for HDD cage mounting or to make more room for water cooling components.
- Sturdy metal HDD trays provide excellent dampening features for the hard drives while providing better airflow through the cage with an updated, more open design
- The new and innovative Quick Release System on the left side of the case provides secure mounting of the left side panel, yet grants quick and easy access to the system.
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans.
- Front: 2 – 120/140 mm fans (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Rear: 1 – 120/140 mm fan (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Top: 3 - 120/140 mm fan (not included)
- Bottom: 2 – 120/140 mm fan (not included)
- Side: 1 – 120/140 mm fan (not included)
- Fan controller: 3 step fan controller for up to 3 fans
- Dust filters: Bottom and front intakes
Water cooling compatibility:
- Front – 360, 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators of all thicknesses (requires removal of drive bays)
- Top – 420, 360, 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators. (A thickness limitation of 55mm for both radiator + fan applies on 420, 280 and 140 mm radiators) (420 and 360 mm radiators require removal of the ODD bay)
- Bottom – 120 or 240 mm radiator (Use of radiators in the bottom position limits the PSU length to 165 mm)
- Rear – 120 or 140 mm radiator
Define R5 computer case, User manual, Accessory box