EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 120 VTX PWM D-RGB - Acetal
EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 120 VTX PWM D-RGB combo unit is the new pump-reservoir assembly that is based upon a new VTX pump that is DDC mount compatible. The new Kinetic combo units are part of the EK Quantum Line of products and come with sophisticated addressable D-RGB lighting implementation and a new VTX pump that has a small footprint, high performance, and requires no additional cooling! The reservoir is equipped with a total of six G1/4“ ports so that users can choose the most optimal setup for their liquid cooling loops.
The CNC-machined black POM acetal top features three G1/4" ports. One of the ports can be used with the included nickel-plated brass internal tube, which helps prevent the splashing of the coolant inside the reservoir if the top is to be used as an inlet. This reduces the chances of air being sucked in by the pump and foaming of the coolant as well. This tube cannot be used with anti-vortex insert due to size constraints. Any of the three top ports can also use used for filling the system or adding additional accessories (thermal probes, LEDs, etc.) This internal tube cannot be used in conjunction with anti-vortex inserts due to height restriction on the 120 units.
Another three industry-standard G1/4" ports are available in the bottom combo housing which is also made of CNC machined black POM acetal. Aside from the in and out ports, it features a side port usable as either an optional inlet or a drain port. Mounting is done through 4 pillars on the bottom of the pump-reservoir combo unit. The addressable LEDs are placed in a ring directed toward the coolant. Any unwanted hot-spots of the D-RGB LED of the combo unit is covered by a CNC machined aluminum piece.
The 60mm diameter tube is made of high-quality cast acrylic material, while the reservoir bottom/pump top is CNC machined black POM acetal. The sealing is performed by a quality EPDM o-ring.
For its small footprint, the VTX pump itself offers great hydraulic characteristics with flow rates up to 1100L/h with a maximum head pressure of 5.3m. The VTX is not equipped with a heatsink since the efficient pump motor doesn’t require additional external cooling.
The integrated addressable D-RGB is compatible with popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers. The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the D-RGB header.
This reservoir can be easily upgraded with longer acrylic tubes used by EK-RES X3 series reservoirs.
Pump electrical and mechanical properties:
- Motor: Electronically commuted spherical motor
- Rated voltage: 12V DC
- Power consumption: 18W
- Maximum pressure head: 5.3m
- Maximum flow: 1100L/h
- Maximum system temperature: 60°C
- Materials: NORYL GFN2, EPDM O-rings, Copper Coils, Stainless Steel Shaft, Graphite Bushing
- Power connector: 4-Pin Molex and 4-Pin PWM FAN connector
- Reservoir diameter 60mm
- Reservoir free volume: ~115mL
- Overall unit height: 120mm
- Mounting hole pattern: 50x50mm
- D-RGB connector standard 3-pin (5+, Digital, Blocked, Ground)
- PWM duty cycle: ~ 11-100%
- Default behavior: Runs at 100% duty cycle when no PWM feedback signal is present
- EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 120 VTX PWM D-RGB
- Mounting mechanism
- Installation manual
Made in Slovenia - EU!
VTX Pump motor made in the EU!
- The VTX pump is water lubricated, in other words, it uses a wet rotor design. Therefore, it is strongly recommended not to run the pump dry.
- This product should NOT be installed with any aluminum Fluid Gaming parts!