Refund, Return & Warranty Policy
What is our return policy?
We do not normally give refunds or exchanges if you:
• simply change your mind; or
• purchased the wrong product; or
• already knew of a particular fault in a product, or we specifically advised you of a particular fault in a product; or
• damage a product after purchase due to alterations to the product not performed by us, damage the product due to unusual or non-recommended use of the product or damage the product where the damage is caused by any factors beyond our control; or
• no proof of purchase is provided.
How do I request / notify a Refund, Return, Warranty Claim &/or Consumer Guarantee Claim?
• Please note; if the product is deemed NO FAULT FOUND for any warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim, a service fee up to $50 with any additional shipping charges may be applied; and any inspection/rejection fees by the relevant authorised service centre may also be applied. If a product is found to have been supplied to you in full compliance with the Australian Consumer Law, we may require you to pay to Mwave.com.au all costs associated with returning the product to you.
How can I be eligible for a Refund,Return, Warranty Claim & or Consumer Guarantee Claim?
To be eligible for a refund, return, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim consumers must meet the following requirements:
• report the details of the fault and take the goods back to Mwave (or return them by post or courier);
• state what remedy you would like. Mwave.com.au does not guarantee that the remedy you request will be granted;
• provide proof of purchase when returning the goods;
• stop using the faulty item;
• ensure reasonable care is taken while the goods are in your possession.
• be sure that you did not cause the fault ie. fault was not caused by the product being used in an abnormal or non-recommended way. Such a use may be noted in the manufacturer’s warranty as rendering the manufacturer’s warranty void;
• the product must not be disposed of, lost or destroyed. In other words, we need to be able to prove that the product has failed; and
• not have reduced in value by delay on the customer's part. Customers should bring faults to Mwave's attention soon after they occur.
• Mwave.com.au recommends that you carefully review the details of the manufacturer’s warranty (if such a warranty applies) and ensure that you comply with the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty. Mwave.com.au accepts no responsibility for non-compliance with the manufacturer’s warranty.
Rejection of a return, a refund, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim
Mwave reserves the right to reject a return, a refund, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim if consumers:
• Change their mind about a product. This includes when a consumer has found a cheaper product elsewhere, has bought a gift that is unsuitable (where the consumer has not made any specific intended use of the product known to Mwave.com.au), or their circumstances have changed and they no longer require the goods.
• Caused the fault by using the product in an abnormal way. Such a use may be noted in the manufacturer’s warranty as rendering it void, or it may be a use that you wouldn't reasonably expect the product to perform.
• Damage the product by making alterations not performed by us.
• Damage the product where the damage is caused by any factors beyond our control.
• Are unable to provide a proof of purchase, namely a tax invoice.
• Are responsible for damaging the goods by not following the care instructions (if any are provided).
In some circumstances, we are happy to offer our consumers with a conditional courtesy return if consumers want to exchange products purchased incorrectly provided the:
• customer notifies Mwave within 7 days of receipt of delivery of the product;
• products are not opened, used and are still in pristine condition;
• customer accepts a minimum restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price;
• Mwave may reject the return upon inspecting the condition of the products and will return the products to the customer at the customer’s expense.
Acceptance of such returns are at the discretion of Mwave.
Returning goods to Mwave
Mwave does not take any responsibility for any goods damaged or lost in transit when the customer sends the product back to us for warranty or return. The manufacturer’s warranty may be voided if the product is damaged in transit. Please ensure the product is packed appropriately for shipping before sending it back to us. If you are unsure about how to pack a product appropriately for shipping please contact us. The customer may be responsible for any and all charges associated with returning the goods to Mwave.com.au except where the cost of transporting the goods is significant due to the size, height or type of problem with the goods. Some charges may be reimbursed by Mwave.com.au to the consumer where the consumer is entitled at law to have those charges reimbursed to them.
Consumers may personally return goods to Mwave.com.au between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday – Friday unless otherwise organised with staff. No service fee will be charged to consumers who personally return goods to Mwave.com.au. To minimise processing delays customers are recommended to request a Return Authorisation (RA) number via the website and drop off your item/s with the approved RA number.
Please note that returns dropped into the Click & Collect will not be processed immediately due to RA jobs already in the queue.
For RTB (return to base) manufacturer’s warranty claims: customers are required to send the unit back to Mwave or to the authorized service centre with proof of purchase and a detailed fault description. Mwave recommends customers to use our online RA (return authorization) system to obtain further information on the warranty procedures and also access online status updates.
For Manufacturer direct warranty claims: customers are recommended to contact the manufacturer for expert technical support & warranty assistance, to lodge warranty claims and organize pickup or delivery. Please note, Mwave do not provide pickup services on behalf of the manufacturer/3rd party service centres. Please read manufacturer’s warranty cards/manuals for additional information regarding support and warranty.
In cases where goods are returned to us for repair that contain User Generated Data (as that term is defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) we advise that repairing the goods may result in the loss of the User Generated Data. User Generated Data may include (but is not limited to) data stored on a computer hard drive, mobile phone, IPod, digital camera or USB.
Special Orders, Clearance, Discontinued Items, Free Products, Software and Consumable Products
Mwave do not accept the return or exchange if consumers
• simply changed their mind;
• no longer require due to changed personal circumstances;
• found the product cheaper somewhere else;
• the goods are damaged due to misuse; or
• already knew of a particular fault in a product or we advised you of a particular fault in a product prior to purchase.
A limited warranty may also apply for clearance, discontinued, or free product. Please read the product description or contact us for more details if you are unsure whether a product within the category above has limited warranty or not.
Before any manufacturer’s warranty claim, consumers are requested to make sure the product is:
• Not affected by being used incorrectly or in an abnormal way. Such a use may be noted in the warranty as rendering it void, or it may be a use that you wouldn't reasonably expect the product to perform.
• Not disposed of, lost or destroyed. In other words, there needs to be proof that the product has failed.
• Not reduced in value by delay on the customer's part. Customers should bring faults to Mwave’s attention soon after they occur.
Mwave is not a manufacturer or authorized service centre, therefore it is highly recommended that customers contact the manufacturer's technical support directly for any troubleshooting or technical support advice before you return the product to us for a warranty claim. Some of these manufacturer provided support services are free and may provide you expert technical advice. If the product is deemed faulty, in many cases, a tech support case number is assigned.
This can expedite the warranty process when lodging a warranty claim with Mwave or directly with the manufacturer.
Some manufacturers provide onsite or pickup and delivery services as is most common with warranty services for notebooks and LCD monitors. These direct manufacturer services, in general, allow for a quicker turnaround of warranty claims.
Due to the Privacy Act, Mwave cannot apply for a warranty claim on the customer's behalf directly with the manufacturer.
If the manufacturer directs you to return the product back to us then you should lodge a warranty request via the online RA service.
Mwave provides an online RA (return authorization) Service for all the warranty and return claims:
• Log into your online user account. (You must be the authorized person to access the user account).
• Fill the online RA request form. (SKU number can be found on your invoice number).
• Include details of the fault description or reason for return. ("product faulty" or "don't work" is not a good fault description for the warranty or consumer guarantee claim).
• Once the RA request is approved, you will receive a return authorization number, which is the reference number used for the return to us and allows you to track your warranty status.
• You will receive an email notice each time your online job is updated.
• You can view your RA Status by clicking Job/RA Inbox in My Accounts page.
• You can contact us through the online job / ticket if you want to check status updates regarding your return.
Please note: The actual manufacturer’s warranty process may vary for different manufacturers and/or suppliers, so we cannot provide an accurate timeframe of how long the process will take for a particular product in the first instance. Status updates are provided once further information is received from the manufacturers, their service centre or agents.
Mwave also reserves the right to apply any service fees for any warranty claims to cover all costs incurred including inbound & return freight, supplier/manufacturer service fees etc if the returned product is found to be not covered by warranty, warranty has expired, or no fault is found or the item was physically damaged.
Was This Helpful?
Yes | No