9 Steps to Build a Gaming PC - Video Tutorial
24 January 2017
Picked up your parts but are having trouble installing them? We are here to help!
We have picked one of our Mwave custom-built gaming PCs as a worked example to show you the simple process of building your own PC. Along with in-depth step by step instruction, we also share some 'fun' tips to help you build your custom PC.
For this build, we used our Mwave XCore 6800 Gaming PC which is a high-end PC recommended for content creation and high end gaming, the latest version uses the following components:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6800K Broadwell-E 6-Core LGA 2011-3 3.40GHz CPU Processor
- SSD: Intel 750 Series 400GB PCI-Express SSD
- MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX X99 Gaming Intel LGA 2011-3 ATX Motherboard
- RAM: GeIL SUPER LUCE 32GB DDR4 3000MHz Memory White
- GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX Strix 1080 8GB Gaming Video Card
- HDD: Seagate ST3000DM001 3TB Barracuda Desktop HDD 3.5” 7200RPM SATA3 Hard Drive
- CASE: Thermaltake Core X31 RGB Edition Mid Tower ATX Case
- PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GOLD 1000W Modular Power Supply
- CPU COOLER: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 Liquid CPU Cooler
How To Build a PC with Intel's Broadwell-E 6800K CPU
- Step 1: CPU & RAM Installation 1:00
- Step 2: Power Supply Installation 4:15
- Step 3: Basic Cable Management 11:39
- Step 4: Motherboard Installation 12:50
- Step 5: Cable Management 2nd Round 15:45
- Step 6: Cooling System Installation 19:34
- Step 7: Fan Controller & Final Cabling 31:05
- Step 8: Storage SSD Installation 35:03
- Step 9: Graphic Card Installation 36:48
Although your parts may be slightly different, most of the steps above are quite universal and can be used to help guide you through your next custom PC build.
The Chiefs eSports s27 Gaming PC is recommended for competitive eSports gamers for LoL, CS:GO, DOTA and Overwatch.